Alameda County Public Health Department
Alameda County Public Health Department released an order on March 30, 2021 containing new information for offices.
These businesses must implement Site Specific Protection Plans, as required by California’s Resilience Roadmap, as well as any local guidance issued by the Alameda County Department of Public Health, to include the following elements:
- Physical distancing plans for employees and customers
- Administrative controls to stagger employees, breaks, and teleworking for those that can work remotely
- Training for employees on limiting spread of COVID-19 (temperature and/or symptoms screening, hand washing technique, and face covering requirements)
- Disinfection protocols for routine and deep cleaning
- Industry-specific best practices
- Notification of COVID-19 positive cases
- Compliance and documentation
Essential, Outdoor, & Additional Businesses in Alameda County
State of California
This Guidance for Office Workspaces and Guidance for Limited Services provides guidelines to create a safer environment for workers.
Review the guidances, prepare a plan, and post the General Checklist for Office Workspaces in your workplace to show customers that you’ve reduced risk and are preparing to open for business.
Cal/OSHA Guidance on Requirements to Protect Workers from Coronavirus
Centers for Disease Control
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) – Should you Reopen? Workplace decision tool
COVID-19 Employer Information for Office Buildings
Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers Responding to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), May 2020
Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Workplaces and Businesses
Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility
Guidance for Reopening Buildings After Prolonged Shutdown or Reduced Operation
Businesses and Workplaces- Plan, Prepare, Respond